Reverse engineer a database schema and represents its tables, fields, relationships as classes, attributes, associations in
a UML 1.3 model. This task implements reverse engineering logic for database schemas and storing the results as
UML 1.3 objects. The model produced is in fact a Platform Specific Model, which might need
additional processing and tuning.
The class is not thread safe
Conventions for the model produced:
This task shuts down the models repository, so any further processing of models in the same
JVM process becomes impossible. If one would be needed, do it in a separate run.
- The database column types are converted to DataType instances named: <type
name>[_<column size>[_<column precision>]]. Additionally as tagged values named
TAG_VALUE_DATA_TYPE_SIZE and TAG_VALUE_DATA_TYPE_PRECISION these values are bound to the concrete
- The TAG_VALUE_DATA_TYPE_PRECISION tagged value is optional. When not provided, the precision
should be treated as 0
- The TAG_VALUE_DATA_TYPE_SIZE tagged value is mandatory.
- Any comments found while reverse engineering the database are bound as 'documentaion' tagged
values. These tagged values are compatible with the Rose's approach to documentation. They are
- Each attribute created might have TAG_VALUE_NULLABLE tagged value assigned. When provided it
contains 'false' to indicate attributes that cannot be null. True values are not provided.
- Each attribute pertaining to the table's primary key is bound a 'primary_key' tagged value
Its value is the sequence order of the column in the tible's primary key.
||The database driver class of the to reverse engineer
||The name of the output file to write the model to
||The database user's password to connect the database to reverse engineer
||The database schema to reverse engineer. Recommended is to provide the schema/user name in UPPERCASE in
order to retrieve properly the JDBC metadata.
||The database URL of the to reverse engineer
||The database user to connect the database to reverse engineer
||The directory of the work/temp files
Use <typedef resource="net/mdatools/modelant/uml13/reverse/antlib.xml"/>
Documentation generated by ant.doc Ant macro from ModelAnt by MDA Tools